14 May 2007

ROME isn't burning, but Santa Catalina Island is.

Well. Is it just me or is the world conspiring against me when I want to visit my sisters? Tried to go visit middlesis in March, and was stopped by a massive ice storm, delaying my trip for a week. Which of course caused a tailspin of bummed-out moping. And then, I'm trying to visit babysis on Thursday last week and a major wildfire strikes the remote island where she's living.

The fire made getting to Catalina Island Camps pretty darn difficult. Understatement. The fire made the journey to be able to hug my sister nearly not happen after a 3000 mile plane ride.

I have about 10,000 things to tell you about the trip, about where my sister lives and what we did and saw, but I'm going to write that post later. I kept pretty extensive notes, so all the details will still be there after I get some much-needed sleep. (yes, my OCD is showing, I wrote notes.) The journey home was an adventure as well.

The short, short, short version is that the fire was no where, and I mean NO WHERE near where we wanted to go, and beside the minor inconvenience of no electric power anywhere on the island, it was not a problem. No one was injured, and only one home was destroyed, which is of course the most important thing, that no one was hurt. My sis is thriving there. I can't wait to share it with you.

Oh, and this? This is my 200th post. Sweet!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back!!! Can't wait to hear the details.

~mm