23 January 2006

President Doofus strikes again- - - -I'd like to vomit now, please.

Yes, I know. I posted once already today. And about a very serious topic. But on the way home listening to NPR I heard something I hadn't realized. Today's the anniversary of Roe v. Wade, and do you know that the president gave a speech via telephone to supporters of the anti-choice movement from Manhattan, KS, where he is giving a bigger speech defending the domestic surveillance program? Argh, he irritates me. Him and that whole "culture of life" catch-phrase. Which makes it sound as if anyone who does not see eye to eye with him believes in a culture of death. Come on. They played a snippet of the speech as part of the hourly update of the news, and I can't find the link to that particular story on NPR. Here's a bit of it copied from someplace else, "President Bush called and spoke with marchers, 'We're sending a clear message to any woman facing a crisis pregnancy: We love you, we love your child, and we're here to help you,' Bush said. The president touted numerous pieces of pro-life legislation he's signed and renewed his call for a ban on human cloning and for Congress to pass a measure respecting parental involvement laws. 'Because human life is a gift from our Creator and should never be used as a means to an end, we will not sanction the creation of life only to destroy it,' he said."

HAS THIS MAN EVER HEARD OF SEPARATION OF CHURCH AND STATE?!?!?!? Please, please, contact your senator via NARAL and encourage him or her to VOTE NO FOR ALITO!

I like the bit about "we're here to help you" cause apparently, he's never heard the old joke about "I'm here from the government to help you" either. That made me snort my on-the-way home diet Coke nearly out my nose when I heard him say that. I do like it that the idiot's on the defensive in Kansas today, take a listen to today's Fresh Air where Terry talks to James Risen and Eric Lichtblau about the story in the New York Times. He SHOULD be on the defensive. Mr. and Mrs. John Q. Public, if you have friends and relatives in Islamic countries, he thinks it is perfectly OK for the NSA to listen along to your conversations. Also, run over to Save Roe and support them in whatever manner you are able. Sleep tight.

No comments: