11 June 2007

The Idiot Abroad

President Idiot is touring Europe, expected back in the good ole US of A tonight. As I spent most of the weekend getting re-acquainted with the sunshine, I didn't spend too much time listening to or watching the news. I did see on Headline News this morning that the people of Albania welcomed him with open arms. Yikes.

I was on the elliptical machine this morning, not running on the treadmill. I've given myself shin splints by pushing the running too far, too fast, so I've had to find other things to do to keep my heart rate up until the shin splints heal. But just like when I'm on the treadmill, I was watching the television without sound, so I am just guessing here, but I'd bet that the Albania media is a tightly controlled thing, and that the news there isn't a free press. Because that's the only explanation that I can come up with for why they would be the only European nation to not greet President Idiot with mass protests, flag burning, and by burning him in effigy.

In another country, he gave a great non-answer to Bulgarian concerns about the missal defense system, the so-called "Star Wars" crap that his administration resurrected from the trash heap at NASA, which is where it should have stayed. He told the Bulgarians that any missal defense system would protect against "long-range" missals, that it wouldn't help them anyway. Way to ease some fears, there, W!

Who the hell elected him, anyway?








There's much fandom insanity on MySpace today as an escape from politicking, if you're interested.

Listening to: "Peace On Earth" U2

No comments: