27 August 2007

This comes as a surprise to no one.

There's a Jimmy Buffet song that I'm fond of which is about partying on an Olympic scale. The chorus is about the 'last man standing' at a party. I am actually a lot less of a partier than I make myself out to be, but the song is fun. I'm reminded of the song when I think about President Idiot these days; he's just about the last man standing in his administration, isn't he?

Poor Georgie-Porgie-Pudding-and-Pie! First Rummy, then Carl Rove stepped down, Al Gonzales is headed back to Texas...

Alberto Gonzales resigned today. The beleaguered AG has been the subject of much controversy in recent months, between his inability to recall the events leading up to the firing of 9 US Attorneys and the wiretaps without warrants that are apparently OK with the Idiot Administration.

I disliked John Ashcroft lots and lots and lots, so I didn't have much bad to say when Gonzales was appointed AG. But the warrant-less wiretap program really rubbed me the wrong way and the firing of the US Attorneys was the icing on the cake.

A friend's blog had a remark a few weeks ago about a lame-ass ignorant overgrown frat-brat talking about the American flag being the symbol of freedom worldwide. Under this administration, however, I think the flag has become less and less of a symbol of freedom and more and more a symbol of the blatant disregard for the Constitution that the Idiot Administration shows at every single opportunity. Gonzales has become the face of that, simply by being the head of the DOJ.

President Idiot's speechifying today adds insult to injury. Here's a quote:
"It's sad that we live in a time when a talented and honorable person like Alberto Gonzales is impeded from doing important work because his good name was dragged through the mud for political reasons." And then there's this, the President referring to Gonzales as "a man of integrity, decency and principle." Really? Integrity? I wonder what planet President Idiot lives on, because on the planet where I live, his actions have not been those of a man with integrity.

Again, I say thank goodness that W's not eligible for a third term.

No comments: