27 March 2007

Last full NY Day

Which was actually Sunday. We got up around 11, having been out far, far, far past my usual bedtime. Had brunch at a nice place named...wal, don't remember the name. I had a bloody mary for breakfast, if that tells you anything.

We walked through a huge portion of Brooklyn to return to thesister's place, having a wonderful chat along the way. Once 'home', I posted the entry that went live on Sunday, and then read for a while. Thesister and I baked some banana nut bread, cleaned her apartment, did laundry, went to the grocery store...all in all, the things working people end up doing on their days off.

We spent the whole time gabbing, gabbing, gabbing, catching up. Thesister is the only person on the planet who has read my book besides me, so we talked a bit about that as well. I am relieved to know that she thinks it is not rubbish. And that she wants to know what happens next. So I am encouraged enough to keep writing.

We watched "Thank You For Smoking" and started to watch "Hurly Burly", but I fell asleep before we were even a half hour into Hurly Burly.

Yesterday was the stress of trying to get to the airport without a car and with my miserable sense of direction, trying to figure out the trains and freaking out over making the plane or not making the plane. Which was delayed. I fell asleep on the flight, something I haven't been able to do for about 10 years, sleep on a plane.

By the time I got back to suburban hell, I was so exhausted that I couldn't think beyond putting my dirty clothes into the washer and lying down. Today is back to work...and my usual routine. I'd be lying if I said I was overjoyed about that. But it was nice to sleep in my own bed last night. Thanks to a combination of a nerve pill and my sleeping pill, I slept from about 5 pm to 9pm, then from about ten pm until 5 am, so I feel ready to face the day. Bring it on!

I'll write and post The Tuesday Brain Dump later today.

No comments: